Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It was a trip, Literally.

Thanksgiving has always been my FAVORITE holiday of the year! This year was certainly one to never be forgotten. Spencer and I got to go out to Katy, TX to spend it with his parents. I was thrilled to get away from the cold for a bit. I have been dreaming of my days off work just getting up relaxing going for a run... just everything but getting ready and going to work right away! Our trip had a couple unexpected adventures, lots and lots of laughs, good food, and a wonderful time with family.
We flew with Frontier airlines and it was one of the more miserable flights I've ever been on. Apparently the seats in front of the exit row do not recline I believe they actually lean forward. We got stuck with those seats both there and back. Not awesome. Bags were left in Denver on our layover so we didn't get them until the day after we got there. I was surprised by my lack of anger for this, it was the first time my bags have ever gotten lost though so I guess I was thankful for that.
Wednesday we relaxed and spent some time in the kitchen getting some desserts and things ready for Thanksgiving dinner. That is the most fun part of the holidays to me!

Then Thanksgiving morning came. It was beautiful outside so after waking up at about 9:30 I decided I would go for a little run to start the day then I'd come home and help my mother-in-law Kathy finish making the feast. Little did I know, the Flanagan Family has a little history of Turkey Day injuries. So out I went and about 3 blocks away I tripped on an uneven sidewalk couldn't catch my balance took a bite of cement. Luckily I still had all my teeth! My chin hit pretty hard on the cement, my knees a little cut and my hand too. I knew I was a bit scraped up but I felt like I was fine and could just take care of it when I got back to the house. As I went to start my ipod again I noticed the center stone was missing from my wedding ring though. I tried to look a little bit but there was nooo way I would be able to see that thing without my glasses on! So I finished the loop I was planning on and went back to the house. Spencer took a look at it and that's when I knew it was worse than I thought! It was deep, So to the ER it was! But wait! That diamond... We dropped Kathy off where I fell, so she could look around for it while the rest of us went to the ER. We were there for about 3 hours and I got 4 stitches.
When we came back Kathy had miraculously found that diamond under a leaf and had the beautiful feast waiting for us. She is AMAZING!
Friday Kathy and I went and got mani/pedicures in the morning. It was wonderful! I should really do that more often! Over the weekend we also went to a record store Spencer used to go to did a little bit of shopping, not the crazy black Friday kind though!

All in all, Thanksgiving is STILL my Favorite holiday. I am so thankful for all of my families.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I'm glad you're ok and that you found your diamond. It's cool that you can have so much fun with both your family and Spencer's. That's such a blessing! Love you so much! You're the best!

bendanielsfamily said...

i still cannot believe your diamond was recovered. i lovethe pict of my dad in the turkey hat :)

Carly said...

Haha Wendy that hat was a surprise that we almost forgot to bring out with the earlier "festivities" haha you can find great things sometimes in the dollar section of Target! And as for that diamond: your mom is amazing, she has amazing faith and eyes to find it!