Saturday, August 29, 2009

Peace Out Summer

This summer was a good one! I can't believe it's over. Although I have been working a lot these days I definitely made time to play! Here are some of my favorites:


May opened my summer with my brother Sam's wedding in Idaho. My fam is awesome and I love all the additions to it! My new sisters and my niece and nephew are the best so having everybody together was really fun. I also got to make it home the weekend after the wedding for their reception in Washington.







I also helped plant a real garden for the first time in May! This is proof of the progress its made:




June = Trip with Jen and Whitney to Hawaii



Sometimes you just need to get outta town and go somewhere. For me and two of my best friends, Hawaii is where we went. This is where we stayed. Yurt #1 at the Friends of Malaekahan State Campground. Highly recommended and right on the beach. We had a great time and met some interesting people. Mostly just enjoyed chillin on the beach not hearing a phone ring though!






July

Meet My friend Dannielle. She and I went to a fun Reggae Festival up in Park City. Athough we were shocked by the lack of hippies that Utah has to offer we had a great time. haha i just know if this was in any other state the whole thing would have been much different! This was first of our adventures together.








The Twlight Concert Series also began in July. I have heard much about this event over the past two years living in Utah. This is a marvelous event held every Thurday at the Gallivan Center in downtown Salt Lake. Its and outdoors concert for free. I had the opportunity to see one of my favorite artists Bon Iver there and i really felt more complete after I saw him. He was amazing. listen to him!

oh And How 'Bout a Trip to see my G-Ma in St Louis too... Its been couple years since I've been out to see her so we had a great time. I haven't been to the Arch since I was little so that made the agenda along with the Botanical Gardens, lots of Rummy Cube and board games, tea time, and family stories. But looking at all her old pictures and playing in Grandma's jewlery are still my favorite things to do. : )





August is almost over but I found a new love this month: Rock Climbing! And I climbed the Y for the first time too. haha but that kicked my butt. I also went to my first Monster Truck Rally last weekend. That was amazing but much like the festival, not nearly as many crusty people as I have always thought there would be. I was hoping to see at least 5 mulletts. I think the closest we got though was seeing 5 men with ling ponytails. ohwell.


So Long Summer.

No comments: