Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rainbow Cake!

Slow days at work usually mean a lot of wasted time on the internet for me. Today was slow. My productivity level: very low! I found this super cool Rainbow Cake on a cooking blog. I got so excited that I even went to the grocery store on my lunch break just to buy the things I needed to try it tonight!

Overall I was very pleased with it. The recipe was made for someone who follows the weight watchers plan. Since I clearly don’t, I didn’t follow the recipe just used their coloring technique and made it with a regular yellow cake. Next time I won’t use so much batter and will learn to make a better purple. My cake was HUGE! Spencer and Alex tell me it tasted okay though!

Earth Day is only 21 Days away so I will make it again but with a few modifications. : )


5 comments:

Emilie Laura Wright III said...

that's the coolest cake i've ever seen!

Rauland said...

I am not sure I get the connection between Earth Day and this rainbow cake. Is it that both are symbols of uber-hippies? If that is it then that's funny.

Carly said...

haha Kindof Raul! I want to celebrate Earth Day this year and will make an Earth Day Cake but will only use the green, blue, and purple for it : )

Rauland said...

nice

d. said...

I LOVE THIS CAKE. IT IS AWESOME. JUST LIKE YOU.