Wednesday, March 31, 2010

welcome:

The Northwest was so good to us this weekend! Spencer and I left Thursday evening for a fun trip to see Family and My wonderful state. This was his first time to WA/OR… So there was a lot for us to see and do in such short time. I think we hit all the highlights and had great time!

Upon arrival into Longview my sister Amanda met up with us for dinner at the Azteca. Then a relaxing night at my home. Friday morning we headed up to Covington to see his sister Wendy and her super cute kids. We had a great time playing with them! Our afternoon was filled with McDonalds, tag, bikes, jeeps, soccer practice, and wi (haha I was pretty rusty with the ‘ole nintendo, but bring on the rock band and I can keep up:) ) Wendy made us a lovely Thai dinner then Spencer and I headed up to spend the evening in Seattle. We were able to catch show at the VERA theater downtown which was really fun and wander around the Seattle Center for a while. Seattle always has so much going on! Lovely evening. Saturday we headed down to Portland to experience the amazing Saturday Market. Ohman the weather was so perfect too! Not a drop of rain. The market always has so many neat locally made things, delicious food, and music around every corner! We got some great food then wandered up to Powell’s Book Store and walked all around downtown. We were first timers at Powell’s and grateful this store had a map! Much like IKEA it was an essential tool in finding what you want, this place was huge!!! We wrapped up our adventure on Sunday going to church in the morn then Mom made us a wonderful dinner before we regretfully had to leave. It was a great trip and refreshing for us to get out of Utah for a weekend!

I always love to be home. There’s just no other place like it!



2 comments:

Nadia Woodhouse said...

I NEED DEETS!!!!!

Mrs. B said...

You're making me homesick!! I love Powell's. It's a dangerous place for me, I could stay for hours and spend hundreds...I love bookstores and Powell's is king. I'm glad you and Spencer had such a great time!